New User Orientation and Training
In order to utilize the outpatient clinic, inpatient and lab facilities at the CTRC, study team personnel are required to complete the minimum university training which includes UNC HIPAA Training, Confidentiality Statement, CITI Training, Environmental Health And Safety Training, and visit University Occupational Health for an immunization review and TB skin test placement.
Further training may be necessary depending on your role in the research protocol and may include training such as EHS Shipping Training (IATA). Please see your Principle Investigator or Supervisor for more information regarding the training you will need.
Prior to being given CRMS CTRC Scheduler privileges, badge access to the unit, and being listed as a scheduling provider in Epic, study team personnel will be required to complete EHS Training, review the Etiquette Guidelines, and complete the Etiquette Test which includes affirming that all university and Epic training requirements have been completed. The Etiquette Test should not be taken until all training (including CTRC New User Orientation) has been completed. Additionally, the Etiquette Test must be completed even if there are no current plans to utilize the Specimen Processing and Storage Facilities.
All coordinators and research assistants new to the CTRC are required to attend a CTRC New User Orientation prior to utilizing the facilities. Orientation sessions are held on the first Monday (excluding holidays) from 2 pm to 4 pm and the third Tuesday from 1 pm to 3 pm of every month in the CTRC Conference Room 1045 located in the outpatient CTRC on the 1st floor of the Burnett-Womack building. This orientation provides general coordinator training and information specific to the CTRC including a tour of the facilities.
Links to Training
- CTRC Specimen and Storage Facilities Etiquette Guidelines, Required Etiquette Test
- HIPAA UNC School of Medicine required, initial and annual refresher
- CITI IRB modules, Responsible Conduct of Research, and Good Clinical Practice
- CRMS UNC Clinical Research Management System
- NRP The UNC Network for Research Professionals in collaboration with NC TraCS hosts a variety of training and mentoring opportunities for clinical research personnel
- Environmental Health and Safety Training
- EHS Shipping Training (IATA)
- Research Central serves as a portal to access the Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) resources, advertise studies, and discover educational groups such as the UNC Network for Clinical Research Professionals, training opportunities and resources.