COVID-19 response and updates
The COVID-19 Dashboard displays data related to campus, local, and state communities. The dashboard is updated regularly and pulls data from multiple sources to illustrate and track various metrics which will help inform our decision-making related to campus operations and possible off-ramps in consultation with the UNC System and local health officials.
NC TraCS updates
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop in North Carolina and around the world, we are following the University’s lead and adjusting our on-campus office schedule as needed. Though physical offices are closed for the moment, NC TraCS remains open for business virtually. Explore our services and request a consultation today!
COVID-19 Clinical Datasecure, central database of electronic health records from coronavirus patients to aid in the ongoing effort to treat patients effectively.
Following the release of the special COVID-19-focused TraCS pilot call in April, NC TraCS has eliminated one of the planned FastTraCS Grant, $5-50K Pilot, and Translational Science Methods & Process Award cycles for this year. Instead of July and November deadlines, there is now one 2020 deadline remaining for these three funding opportunities – September 22, 2020.
Remote Data Collection and Stakeholder Engagement
For researchers conducting studies remotely due to COVID-19, the CaSE team offers tips and tools for conducting qualitative data collection remotely:
CaSE has also published Tips & Tools for Stakeholder Engagement during COVID-19:
The NIH COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19) of scholarly literature about COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, and the Coronavirus group is open and available for text data mining tool development.
- Target Audience: US artificial intelligence experts are called on to use this resource to develop new text and data mining techniques that can help the science community answer high-priority scientific questions related to COVID-19.
- Created by the Allen Institute for AI, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI), Georgetown University's Center for Security and Emerging Technology (CSET), Microsoft, and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health
- Requested by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Contains over 57,000 scholarly articles, and growing
- Updated weekly
The NIH iSearch COVID-19 Portfolio builds on and complements the CORD-19 collection by providing a comprehensive listing of publicly available COVID‑19 publications and preprints coupled with a user-friendly portfolio analysis interface for querying the full text and supplemental data.
- Target Audience: Researchers
- Contents pulled from the National Library of Medicine's PubMed resource for citations and abstracts of published biomedical literature
- Updated daily with new literature selected for inclusion by subject matter experts
UNC Research updates
The University has resumed research operations in facilities and labs on campus at reduced capacity effective June 1, 2020.
Visit research.unc.edu/covid-19 to view Key Takeaways for UNC Researchers and up-to-date information on research operations.
Coronavirus Drug Shows Promise at UNC
UNC researchers are doing their part in the fight against the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Watch this video to learn more.
Read more at research.unc.edu/in-pursuit
UNC Health updates
UNC Health is working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and State health officials to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19. Visit unchealthcare.org/coronavirus for updated information as it relates to UNC Health/affiliated hospitals, preparations, and tips for staying healthy.