Payments to current research participants

On September 10, 2018, Accounts Payable issued a memo regarding requirements for all new and updated campus vendors.

In the UNC system, study subjects that receive payments for participation and reimbursement are considered an "Outside Party – Individual" and the following supporting documentation is required in order to issue payment:

  • Form W-9 (for U.S. persons) or W-8BEN (for non-resident aliens)
  • Foreign Vendor Withholding Assessment with supporting documents (for non-resident aliens only)
  • Outside Party-Individual Certification form
  • Optional: Banking information (ACH Form) – required only if the study subject prefers direct deposit as opposed to being issued a check. This form is NOT MANDATORY for study subjects.

NC TraCS Institute logo vertical

In partnership with:

Contact Us

Brinkhous-Bullitt, 2nd floor
160 N. Medical Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27599

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Cite Us

© 2008-2020 The North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The content of this website is solely the responsibility of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH   accessibility | contact