Seminars & Training
Starting in 2015, we will host a regular series of workshops addressing issues of grant writing and identifying funding sources.
Anticipated topics include:
- How NIH works – I/Cs, how an application progresses through the system, CSR, POs vs SROs
- Identifying funding sources
- Strategic planning – Reading NIH-speak, choosing the right study section, choosing the right mechanism, New/Early Investigator status
- Elements of the proposal I – Aims, Significance/Innovation/Approach/Investigator/Environment
- Elements of the Proposal II – Creating a writing plan, Biosketches, LoS
- Budgeting – Modular vs Itemized, F&As, overheads, subcontracts, post-docs, animal costs
- Study Section – What goes on in the room?