TraCSTAR (TraCS Template Application Resource) is a searchable database containing examples of successful grant applications for multiple mechanisms and funding agencies.
- TracSTAR is a searchable database of funded grant applications submitted by UNC investigators
- Investigators from UNC and our academic partners can request copies of these applications
- Sample applications are particularly helpful to junior investigators with little grant writing experience, or more seasoned investigators who are applying through an unfamiliar mechanism or agency
- TraCSTAR files usually contain only the narrative portions of the application and, in some cases, ancillary documents, such as biosketches and letters of support. Most TraCSTAR files also contain the funding agency review/summary statement, so that the reader can see what the reviewers liked (and disliked) about the application
- TraCSTAR allows researchers to search the database by funding agency, NIH Institute/Center, grant mechanism and keyword
- The database is constantly updated as we add new grant mechanisms and funding sources