Implementation of the New Common Rule: Webex recording available
On January 15, 2019, Mike Matamoros, Quality Assurance/Improvement Manager and Cassandra Myers, Director of The Office for Human Research Ethics discussed the changes to IRBIS and UNC processes and policies to reflect the new Common Rule.
These revisions encompass the exemption category and continuing review revisions, and new ICF requirements.
John Roberts, OHRE Compliance/Reliance Manager, discussed single IRB review.
This session contains information on:
- how UNC will operationalize the new required elements of informed consent
- how UNC will operationalize the changes to the exemption categories
- how UNC will operationalize the changes to continuing review
- how UNC will implement changes in IRIBIS to reflect the new regulations
- Update on single IRB review