Odum Institute Short Course - Academic Publishing 101: From Idea to Article....and Beyond
- Fri, 17 Jan 2020 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Although graduate school teaches you many things, many Ph.D. students complete their dissertations having never been fully trained in academic publishing. How does academic publishing actually work? Where should you publish your research? How do you actually get papers accepted in strong academic journals? In this talk, Todd BenDor will discuss several major ideas in academic publishing (focusing on the social sciences).
- professional integrity and ethics
- the role of academic conversations and communities as a guide for publication forums and journal selections
- the mechanics of publishing in journals and other forums (including outlining, writing style, journal, legal, and newspaper submissions, the peer review process, revisions, and corresponding with editors)
- and acceptance and all that follows.
Presenter: Todd BenDor