June 4, 2013 Application Deadline
NC TraCS is especially interested in, and will extend priority to, proposals with a focus on one of three areas:
- Transformative Technologies – investigators using genomic, proteomic or metabolomics platforms to accelerate a translational discovery toward clinical medicine.
- Drugs, Device and Diagnostics Development – investigators that have identified a novel and promising drug target; with priority to proposals that address rare or orphan diseases.
- Comparative Effectiveness Research – investigators focused on the study of and dissemination of clinical and translational research in broad populations.
Note that applications are not limited to those that address one of these three areas.
Eligibility for the $5K - $50K award program follows UNC guidelines for external sponsored research. Eligible PIs from UNC-CH must hold a faculty appointment or other appointment authorized to serve as PI on an externally sponsored research project. Proposals submitted from partner institutions must include a co-investigator from UNC-CH who meets the criteria above.
If you have questions please contact Mary Beth Lister.
- TraC$5K-50K Program Guidelines
- TraC$5K-50K Pilot Grant Online Application Form
- Past Grant Awardees
- Contact TraCS Central